Please vote health yes
Norfolk County Council told us most particles in the incinerator’s pollution gasses would be captured, so the health risk would be small. A ‘Freedom of Information Act’ request to the Environment Agency showed most of the (Hazardous) particles pass through the ‘Best Available Filters’. These smaller particles are known to cause cancer, asthma and heart attacks.
Most people now accept asbestos dust is harmful to health.
|A complete sheet of asbestos is fairly safe until it is damaged or broken up.||Sieve/Filter capturing 99% of the pieces/dust by weight, leaving 1% to be dispersed in your living area. Would you feel safe?|
If 99% of the larger particles are captured.
|1% by weight represents a vast amount of fine particles spread across West Norfolk.|
If you burn rubbish most people know the smoke is harmful. The Government & EU recognise small particles seriously damage health there is no safe exposure limit. When a company selling an incinerator tells you a bag filter will capture 99% (by weight) of particles, is there any reason to think the smaller particles which escape do not pose a threat to health? November 2009 the Health Protection Agency admitted to Parliament they haven’t conducted any health studies.